WebSDR "URL" Parameters:
There are a number of parameters that may be added to the URL when accessing the KFS WebSDR:
- ?tune=[freq kHz][mode] - Specify tuned frequency and mode which may be any of am, lsb, usb or cw - as in "?tune=7200lsb" which sets the WebSDR to 7200 kHz and the mode to LSB. The mode is optional. This works ONLY if the WebSDR actually covers the frequency specified!
- ?zoom=[n] - Zoom waterfall "n" times on the tuned frequency when loading the page, as in "?zoom=2" which zooms 2 times. "n" can be 0 through 9, but it will zoom only the number of steps available.
- ?squelch=[n] - If "n" = 1, squelch is enabled (e.g. "?squlch=1") just as it would be if the "squelch" checkbox were selected. Squelch is not enabled if "n" = 0.
- ?smsquelch=[n] - Where "n" - which is always a negative number and is the S-meter reading for the squelch threshold, which is usually between -110 and -80, depending on the band and the amount of receiver noise. Because of this, this parameter is most useful for VHF/UHF FM receivers where the no-signal S-meter reading is pretty constant - but it often works well with AM activity when signals are reasonably strong. If "n" = 0, the S-meter squelch is disabled. Example: "?smsquelch=-88" sets the S-meter squelch threshold to trigger when signals are above -88 dBm.
- ?nolabels=[n] - If "n" = 1, the "DX labels" (the labels under the waterfall/frequency display) are disabled and will not appear unless manually turned on with the checkbox. A setting of "n" = 0 is the default and the labels will be displayed. Example: "?nolabels=1" which hides the DX labels is the same as checking the "Hide Labels" box.
- ?altagc=[n] - If "n" = 1, the "Alternate" AGC system - which is primarily designed for AM reception - is enabled. If "n" = 0, the normal AGC operation is selected. Example: "?altagc=1" enables the alternate AGC, which is the same as selecting the Alt AGC button.
- ?10hz" - This URL forces 10 Hz frequency display resolution. This may be necessary if you are running the CatSync software, which seems to parse the frequency more as a string of characters rather than as a number and cannot seem to deal with the extra digit to the right of the decimal.
http://websdr1.kfsdr.com:8901/?tune=3900lsb - Tune KFS to 3900 kHz, LSB
http://websdr1.kfsdr.com:8901/?tune=7200lsb?10hz - Tune KFS to 7200 kHz LSB with 10 Hz display resolution
http://websdr1.kfsdr.com:8901/?tune=14155usb?smsquelch=-80?altagc=1?10hz - Tune KFS to 14155 kHz USB with the S-meter squelch set to -80, alternate AGC and 10 Hz display resolution